Postpartum Depression (PPD) is a biological complication of pregnancy that may occur when there is a decrease in estrogen and progesterone. PPD is characterized by feelings of intense sadness, hopelessness, fatigue, irritability, insomnia, anxiety, anger or loss of interest. These symptoms can occur during pregnancy or within days of childbirth.
The Chickadee Study is a research study in teens with postpartum depression (PPD). The study is evaluating a study medication in teend with PPD. A teen may participate if she is under 18 and has had a baby in the past 6 months.
● Do you believe you suffer from postpartum depression?● Do you suffer from an intense feeling of sadness or anxiety?● Are you overwhelmed?● Are you overall in good physical health?● Have you recently given birth?
If you answered YES to all of these questions then you may qualify to participate in a research study.
If you qualify and participate in this research study:
1. You will receive study medication PROVIDED AT NO COST
2. All study-related medical care PROVIDED AT NO COST.
3. Diagnostic tests such as BLOOD TESTS ANDEVALUATIONS.
4. You will be evaluated thoroughly by a board certified PHYSICIAN.
5. You will receive compensation for your time, travel and other related expenses.
NO HEALTH INSURANCE OR REFERRAL NEEDED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS STUDY.